The speakers will lead the audience in a discussion relating to the following questions: how has the coming of the new audio visual technologies (such as synthetic computer imaging, interactive real-time computer systems, hypermedia, virtual reality and computer networking) and their applications (music video, video games, simulator entertainment etc) effected video art? What new possibilities have these technologies opened for creativity? What kind of attitude should an artist adopt in relation to the everspreading digital environment?
- Date & Time
- Sat 4th Jun, 1994 – Sun 5th Jun, 1994, @ 12:00–14:00
- Nintendo Killed the Video Star?
- ANZ Theatre, Australian Maritime Museum
- Australian International Video Symposium 1994
- 3/06/1994 – 5/06/1994
- Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Australian International Video Symposium 1994. Catalogue [pdf 16.88MB]
- Australian International Video Symposium 1994. Nintendo Killed the Video Star? Sydney Programme [jpeg 1.97MB]
- Australian International Video Symposium 1994. Video Art – Checking the Frontier poster [pdf 105.46KB]